I’ve been tagged! Glory Hallelujah, I’ve actually been tagged.
I’m getting somewhere in the blogging world…so what if the tagger is Majaz, who’s always been my only fan anyway?
Baby, I got tagged!!!
Khaer, this is how it goes:
The McCains own 13 cars, eight homes and have access to a corporate jet. If you were as insanely rich as them, where would your eight homes be and why? The only rule is: The homes must be within the borders of the country you live in, so as to utterly emulate the McCains.When you’re done, tag 8 people, so that they may join in the self-indulgence, forgetting about the crappy property market and the equivalent of The End of Pompeii on Wall-Street. You could spend your time hammering your doors and windows shut in preparation for the Apocalypse, but this meme is so much more fun!
I’ll get to the actual answer once I figure out who to tag next.
This is silly. I have to know at least 8 people in the blogosphere who haven’t done this before me.
Screw this, yaar.
I just realized being tagged is only fun when you have someone to tag ahead. Like being in love is only fun when that person loves you back. SIGH.
Anyway, on to my answers:
1) Karachi, and in particular, PECHS: Ok, so the roads are a mess, the houses always dark and you’ll never know who lives next door, but it’s quiet, peaceful and on my side of the bridge (huge grin).
2) Naaran valley: Mountains, streams and two beautiful lakes only a few hours away. Heaters when it’s snowing and blankets even in summers…chilghozay and garam tea, a street with shops and restaurants and those crazy foreign tourists on bicycles…I’d like to be able to touch a glacier in the middle of June.
3) Quetta: Because memories make a place a home. And because I never found out whether there were werewolves in Quetta.
4) Hunza: The two nights I spent there, on the first I actually SAW galaxies in the sky; and on the second I had the best Aaloo qeema ever.
5) Larkana: My taya never let me go to the amrood ke baaghat. It wasn’t fair that I and Zehra had to stay at home while my brothers and cousins went and probably gorged themselves silly. Not only will I own a house in Larkana, I’ll have my own amrood, saib, and aam ke baagh too. Then I’ll see who stops me from going anywhere I want.
6) Lahore: Because the best plays are in Lahore, the fashion season starts there first, it has more art galleries than anywhere in Pakistan and is supposed to be the cultural hub. But it STILL doesn’t have the sea.
7) The Arabian sea: A yacht classifies as a home, doesn’t it?
8) Islamabad: Because no where else in Pakistan did I see lightening strike so near the ground.
Well. I’m done. Whoever wants to be tagged,umm..i guess you’re it. Beknighted, are you listening?